Plastic surgery aka cosmetic surgery is getting popular day by day. These cosmetic surgery procedures help overcoming the human limitations to change the looks and physical appearance significantly. Cosmetic surgery actually refers to advanced non-essential surgical operations meant to modify human body structure, notion, texture and appearance externally.
In the beginning, women were thought to be the only human species interested in these surgeries but now, men are equally taking interest in these procedures.
Top 4 Plastic Surgeries Practiced Globally
- Botox refers to a non-invasive procedure. This procedure involves the use of botulism bacterial toxins. These toxins mediate paralysis of facial muscles. These facial muscles are responsible for producing wrinkles. The wrinkles are presented as signs of aging and the toxin prevents external aging greatly. The use of Botox is comparatively safer and the non-invasiveness of the technique has made the surgery more popular in a short time. Along with removing wrinkles, more and more people are turning to electrolysis hair removal for effective and long term hair free skin.
- Liposuction is an invasive plastic surgery procedure. This classifies into two major types: tumescent liposuction and Ultrasonic-Assisted Liposuction (UAL). This surgical procedure is done as an intervention of losing weight and burning fat in body tissues and cells. As overweight and excessive fat inside human body can give rise to life-threatening cardiac and systemic diseases, many men and women are simultaneously opting for liposuction these days.
- You must have heard about facelift and necklift. Well, these are common names of skin removing cosmetic surgery procedures. Many patients complain about loose skin and underlying muscles around the neck and throat. These loose skins are pendulous and heavy, they make movements uncomfortable and appearances unpleasant. An invasive skin removal surgery can resolve the issue. Effectiveness and affordability have made this procedure popular.
- Boob job is another popular term in plastic surgery fraternity. This procedure has two different approaches; one is to shape and increase the breast size and the other is to reduce and shape the breast size. Procedure that involves breast-size increasing and shaping is known as breast augmentation surgery. On the other hand, procedure that involves breast reduction is known as breast liposuction or breast reduction surgery.
Risks Associated with Cosmetic Surgery Procedures: Be Aware!
Plastic surgery is an advanced medical technique to reverse natural unwanted changes. These procedures mostly work against the natural law of nature. Hence, it associates numerous risk factors and adverse reactions. Some of them can be listed as:
- Pain and discomfort during and after the procedure. These are minor problems but can be suggestive of major issues.
- Hypersensitivity reactions and allergic manifestations result in skin irritations. These can undergo progressive damage and further complications.
- Late complications may arise in the form of hemorrhage, graft rejection and technical defaults. Major problems can be life threatening.
- These cosmetic surgery procedures don’t guarantee you to attain the modifications you want. These are completely trial oriented. Results may not be something you had desired at times.
- These procedures are highly expensive. Maintenance, post-surgical expenses make this an option for the rich people.
If you have researched and decided to undergo plastic surgery, consider consulting experts. You can seek help from Edina plastic surgery experts to ensure utmost health safety. These cosmetic surgery procedures can get you amazing results, but hazards often incur in these procedures. Research, learn and decide before you fix an appointment with an Edina plastic surgery specialist.
Plastic surgery can be painful but it can also be addicting. There have been many real life stories of celebrities undergoing the knife that have been hooked to the procedure and eventually destroyed their physical appearances. If you are thinking about going through these procedure, consult first your trusted family and friends to give their opinion about this matter.